JOIN OUR TEAM
The Accounting Team’s primary responsibility is to understand, process and manage accounting functions. The team does this by: 1) processing payments both outgoing and incoming; 2) preparing and monitoring budgets; 3) reporting financial results in the form of financial statements; 4) Provide timely answers regarding queries; 5) Monitor all financial activity to prevent errors such as fraud or theft.
The Nelson Accounting team is required to build/maintain good working relationships with customers, suppliers and Nelson employees at all levels within the organization. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, will be used to both understand needs/requirements. Our objective is to provide accurate information that will assist both internal and external customers to manage accounting-related expectations.
The Accounting team interacts daily with all departments along with the customers and suppliers. The day-to-day work environment is moderate to high pressure, and the nature of the business is somewhat seasonal and cyclical, so flexibility and adaptability to different work functions is essential.
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
- Understand three-way match process and investigate variances as needed.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Generate reports detailing accounts payable status.
- Understand expense accounts, cost center codes and project codes.
- Understand compliance issues in accounts payable process (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
- Become proficient in ERP system and reporting/BI tools.
- Monitor ERP system and issues. Investigate and take corrective action as needed and make improvements.
- Assist with cost accounting function as needed.
- Assist with accounts receivable function as needed.
- Assist with general ledger accounting as needed.
- Assist with setup/calculation of fixed asset additions and disposals.
Other operational duties as assigned.
Competencies and Basic Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education along with solid experience in at least one of the following: one to three years of accounting/bookkeeping in a manufacturing organization, or one to three years of Accounts Payable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Comfortable communicating with Nelson Irrigation suppliers and employees.
- Computer literate - general working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PDF applications required, comfortable using ERP software (QAD), background in paperless office administration a plus.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technology and applications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional level of accuracy, follow through and organizational skills.
- Ability to have a flexible, open attitude regarding change and be a highly adaptable team player.
- Willingness and ability to work in both office and production environments.
- Second language proficiency a plus.
- Manufacturing processes understanding, Nelson product knowledge and Industry related experience a plus.
- This is an on-site (non-remote) position.
Note - Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Salary range commensurate with education and experience
- Great benefits including full health plan, cafeteria plan, 401(k) with employer match, profit sharing, and health club membership.
For more information and to apply for this position, follow this LINK to the Washington WorkSource specific job posting.